Friday, October 29, 2010

My favorite Halloween Memory

Being a stay at home Mama is something truly special. We get to do all kinds of out of the ordinary things with our kiddos especially around Holiday time. One of the things I'm most excited about is when Gracen starts school, to be a room Mom. When I was in school my Mom was always a room Mom. It wasn't always mine, sometimes it was my sisters' or my brother's. But when it was mine, it was always something fabulous. So in honor of this fabulous holiday weekend, today I thought I'd share my favorite childhood Halloween memory.

When I was in kindergarten (yes I remember alll the way back then hehe) my Mom volunteered to come help with the Halloween party. Everyone dressed up and had tons of treats and it was a big deal as a little kid. My Mom dressed up as the Pumpkin Fairy. You heard that right. I soooo wish I had a picture, because you would die laughing. She got to wear one of her old bridesmaid dresses from a wedding that she was in, and it was pumpkin orange. You heard that right, pumpkin orange. But anyhoo, she had a wand and a crown, and everyone just giggled and crowded around her when came in. It was one of the best feelings in the world as a 5 year old, to know that your Mom was THE  pumpkin fairy. I felt like the luckiest kid alive.

It just makes my heart smile thinking about all the wonderful things she was involved in with us kids, and I just can't wait to make memories like that with my own sweet girls!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That is so cute! I love the idea of a pumpkin fairy!!!