Monday, July 5, 2010

Golden Birthday

I've been waiting to post this until I got my pictures from my sister, but she seems to be taking an eternity, so I suppose I can just add some pics later.

This year was my "Golden Birthday". Now up until literally 4 or 5 months ago, I didn't even know what this meant until my lovely sister informed me. And thank goodness she did or I might have missed mine!

I had a GREAT birthday. Me and the girls headed to KC on Thursday night (previous snow cone posts), and Friday didn't really do much. I got to see my friend Cassie who lives in the great city of New York (Queens to be precise) and I'm dying to get to visit her, but glad I got to at least see her in KS. After that we headed to the ol' 'Bees (applebess) for a family birthday dinner with the girls, my brother and sister. Gammy was working so of course the service was horrible (just kiddin gams! it was awesome!) The only thing that could have made that better was applechimicheesecake. But that's a whole nother blog post. After din we headed to my dads for some Dairy Queen ice cream cake, delish.

Saturday we just hung out until Gabe came to town and we headed to the Sprint Center to see Michael Buble. AWESOME. It was seriously one of the greatest concerts I have ever been to. Even Gabe said it wasn't horrible. Ha. He was so funny. He started off saying how he came down to P&L to eat before his concert and everyone was watching the US in the World Cup. He'd never seen so many people passionate about something they don't give a shit about. Everyone was rolling. He was so uncharacteristically funny that it made the show that much better.

After the concert we headed over to P&L, and I was DYING to go to the piano bar. Unfortunately no one we knew was there, and the people we did know out for Suzanne's bach party had already been there. I will get there someday! But I had a blast. I got to see some friends I hadn't seen in far too long, danced outside, and basically sweated to death. But it was worth it! Afterwards we went to IHOP before heading home. Yum.

All in all it was an awesome birthday!

No comments: