Thursday, July 29, 2010

Martha Stewart you have nothing to worry about

We are FINALLY getting around to painting our kitchen... 2 years later. Hey that's what happens when you have 2 kids, household projects get put on hold. But back to the painting. It didn't take us very long to pick the color, but now I'm second guessing myself. It's a little darker then I anticipated, but I'll make my final (dis)approval when it's all done. Let me tell you though, painting is not fun. It quite frankly is a pain in my ass. Well the trim work anyways. My hand hurt after about 20 minutes. (FYI- it's this ladys first time painting... anything besides a piece of paper) By the time I got to a higher spot on the wall, all the blood drained from my arm so not only did my hand hurt, but my arm as well. And the dear old hubs stuck me in the 2 corners that nobody really sees becuase obviously I'm inevitably going to screw something up... thanks for the faith! haha.

I am anxious to see it all done (in about another 2 years) and excited to finally decorate the kitchen. I'll post some after pics so you can see her all gussied up. But I tell you what, Martha Stewart has nothing to worry about, becuase I'm never painting anything again. Well at least not without a lot of complaining!

2 comments:

Katie Moldenhauer said...

I want to see pictures! :) I was seriously laughing reading this! :)

The Yellow Door said...

hehe thanks Katie! I will post some when it's complete, but that might take FOR EV ER!