Friday, August 18, 2017

First *Week* of School

We've officially survived the first week of school! This year was definitely interesting, as it's been the first time I've ever been pregnant (for the first day of school), and then of course the weather decided not to cooperate. Normally I have everything set out and ready to go far in advance with alarms set early enough to curl hair and have enough time for allllll the photo ops. Yea, none of that happened this year.

I couldn't find the white bow, and had zero energy to really try and find it in time. Neither of the girls requested to curl hair this year so my alarm was set for normal time. I totally spaced on the chalkboard, so it was still upstairs on the shelf and read "First day of 1st grade". #pregnancybrainisreal

We still left in time to snag one pic while it wasn't raining by the stone wall outside of school, and a few with teachers in the classroom. Hadley has been counting down the days until she got to go back to school for weeks, while Gracen wants to know why they can't just go half day. Ha!








 Day two I bribed them to wear their bow for exactly one photo with the chalkboard. #traditions

"Mom, this should say Second day of 2nd grade" - Hadley Jean 

 They've worn their hair the exact.same.way. every first day of school since kindergarten with the same bow. But this year I was a day late, and there's no ponytail with it, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose!



Just look at those itty bitty kinders!! Be still my heart. And would you believe they're still wearing the same jumpers? Crazy.



It took me three separate days to get all the photos I usually get on day one, and I STILL forgot to get one of them both by the St. Ann sign. They were troopers like usual, and we're all excited for a brand new year full of learning and adventures in second and fourth grade! (And of course the cooler weather, and baby brother to make his arrival!!)

First day 2016, First day 2015, Gracen's First day 2014, Hadley's First day 2014, Gracen 2012 (#fail, I didn't post Gracen's first day of kindergarten, or either of their first days of 3 yo pre-school)








No comments: