Friday, August 4, 2017

Bumpdate!

22 weeks - can you believe it? I certainly can't. This bambino is sure giving me a run for my money though. And in case you didn't hear, it's a...



BOY!

I took the girls with me to the ultrasound, but asked them to write down the gender and place it in an envelope. I also brought in pink and blue confetti poppers, and asked her to place the correct corresponding color in a bag marked "yes", and the other in a bag marked "no". That way it was even a surprise for me when they popped the confetti. Those things were super hard to twist and pop, Hadley twisted hers the wrong way and just pulled it off so the confetti came out the bottom and Parker just stood there, God love her. When we ask her if she wants another baby, she says no, so she could've cared less if it was a boy or girl - ha. I had to explain to them multiple times that if it was blue it was a boy, pink it was a girl. But because we had both sets of confetti, they just weren't grasping the concept. That's why there's a delayed reaction and it cracks.me.up. Even after I took the video I double checked with the envelope, just in case they made a mistake. I'm still in shock!

Please excuse the high pitched squealing in the background, I was 99.9% sure it was another girl, and because I didn't know until they popped them, I was genuinely surprised. They all thought it was a boy from the get-go, especially Dad, but I'm pretty sure it's just because they were hoping for one. The Mr refused to be on camera (party-pooper) but he was standing in the doorway fist pumping. I wish I got that on camera.




We're all thrilled to pieces the baby is healthy, and excited (and terrified) of our new adventure into baby boy land - give me all the polos, suspenders, and bow-ties!

I had a dreadful first trimester (again). With horrid morning (all day) sickness, back-pain, head-aches, insomnia, and overall exhaustion. I threw up at the park once with the girls and Gracen goes "Don't worry Mom, I won't tell anyone, that's pretty embarrassing". Always sympathetic that one!

Once I hit the 13-14 week mark it was like a light switch, just as it has been with every other pregnancy. One day I woke up and it was just gone - thank goodness. My appetite is back, I have a teensy weensy bit more energy, and am counting down the days (hours... minutes...) until we get to meet this sweet bubs!

22 weeks and feeling every bit of it!


This is by far the earliest I've started to show, and it really freaked me out in the beginning. I could've sworn it was twins. My doctor thinks it's funny that I still ask her at every appointment to check again that there's only one baby in there... I've gained 14 lbs so far which I don't know if it is good or bad but I certainly feel like a whale (and I don't dare google it). This is about how big I was at the 28 week mark with all my girls. Que sera sera I suppose!

Surgery is scheduled for December 4th (4 months from today!!!), and I can.not.wait! 2 out of the 3 girls were a week earlier than my scheduled surgery date, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see if this will be a November or December baby. We have ZERO boy names, so bring on the suggestions! As well as cute places to shop, because so far I have been less than impressed by the baby boy clothing selection.

Only 122 days!!




No comments: