Wednesday, August 20, 2014

First Day of First Grade

You were a little nervous.

And so was I.

We took the obligatory first day of school photos outside, and as silly as it seems to you now, some day I hope you look back on them and appreciate the moments captured. Because there are so many that cannot be caught on film (iphones?)



As I walked you into school as a big first grader now, I couldn't help but relish the feeling of your tiny little hand in mine. You squeezed it tight as we walked into your classroom. New school year, new shoes, new teacher, and a few new faces. I gave you one last quick hug and whispered I love you before heading back out. You may be a little bit taller, and your hair may be a little bit longer, but you'll always be my baby.


I blinked and a year went by.

Here's to new adventures - never stop learning my sweet girl.



No comments: