Thursday, September 1, 2016

The First Day of School

The first day of school is always a mix of emotions. Isn't that par for the course in parenthood? It's like feeling all the emotions at once - anxiety, fear, joy, excitement - all rolled into one and just putting hope in your kids that you've prepared them well for the new adventures that await them in first and third grade. Having faith in the teachers that you so trustingly hand over your kids to for 7 hours a day.





I want to rewind the clock, freeze time, and skip ahead to the future all at the same time. The past 8 and half years feel more like months, while the anticipation of all the exciting things to come seem ages away.



 




So all I can do is freeze these precious moments in photographs, to remember all the emotions. Because every single one of them counts. Because I want them to know I was there. To share in that joy, and excitement of the new school year. But also to help alleviate the anxiety and the fear even though I was feeling it too. That even though I'm not physically there during the day. I am always there. With them, for them, cheering them on. 




 

PS: We finally did get a new doormat :) And Gracen took her bow out as soon as she got to her desk, and Hadley said she'd wear hers all day if I gave her a quarter. I happily obliged.

 First day of school 2015, Gracen 2014, Hadley 2014, Gracen 2012 (#fail, I didn't post Gracen's first day of kindergarten, or either of their first days of 3 yo pre-school)












No comments: