Saturday, September 3, 2016

Sweet Summertime

As we find ourselves in September, and are full-steam ahead into school, fall sports and activities, we took a brief pause to soak up the last bits of summer and kick off our holiday weekend. We've had a blur of a summer, and every season I find myself struggling to catch up. Between tutors, swim team, tennis, softball, and a few mini weekend getaways, September crept up on us.

The transitions of seasons can be difficult for me, because I grasp so tightly to the familiar. The routines we establish. The feeling of comfort. Those sunshiney faces are just so beautiful in the carefree light of summer.

So while I do love fall - and boots and sweaters, and crunchy leaves, and pumpkin everything - I want to fully appreciate the summer for what it was to us, simply amazing.


























No comments: