Tuesday, September 6, 2016

DIY Magnolia Leaf Wreath







I love Chip & Joanna just as much as anyone. I adore ship-lap, even if they say it's "on it's way out". I binge watch the show and cannot wait for the next season. But one thing I can't get behind, is the price tags.


I've been planning my road trip to the silos in my head, and couldn't wait to get my hands on one of the magnolia leaf wreaths. But when I saw online that they were $95, the proverbial record screeched to a halt. The real nail in the coffin was when I read all the reviews online. Poor quality. On almost every review. So, with the help of Hobby Lobby - $12 and an hour later - I made my own.

All you need is:
  • Magnolia leaf bunches (I bought 4, only needed 3) $4.99 each but they were 50% when I got them
  • Wreath form (I used a vine wreath, because I like the rustic look of it, but you can use foam too) $4.99 and then I had a 40% off coupon
  • Hot glue gun (Already had at home, but they're super cheap if you need to buy one)
Grand Total: $12 and some change (not including the extra leaf bunch)



3 easy steps:
  1. Remove all the leaves 
  2. Place them sporadically around the wreath 
  3. Hot glue them in place as you go

And the finished product:







No comments: