Thursday, February 18, 2010

My List... Sort of

So I'm sort of obsessed with blogging... again. I know I took a small hiatus, but sometimes that happens when you're a stay at home Mom with no internet. Now that I'm back in the working world and have a brand new laptop at home, I'm embracing the blogging world. It's way more interesting than FB because not only do you get to see pictures, but stories with lots of details. To make a long story short, I saw on someones blog their list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days. Well, I couldn't come up with 101 things (the pressure got to me!) so I decided I'm going to set short term goals that are easier to manage. I'm going to have a list of 5 things a month I want to accomplish, 10 things for the year that I'd like to accomplish, and 5 things to accomplish in the next 5 years.

So here's my list of 5 things to accomplish for March:

1. Create a budget for the month
2. Cook a meal from scratch 3/5/2010
3. Start the Yoga class at my gym
4. Clean out my closet and donate to goodwill... again
5. Get my quarterly bonus (if I cause any negative monies I don't get it!!)

10 things to accomplish in 2010:

1. Finish the basement
2. Get up to date on Gracen's scrapbook
3. Start Hadley's scrapbook
4. Go on a date with my husband (that's not for a special occassion)
5. Race for the Cure (and actally race this time, not sleep-in for the cure)
6. Participate in MOW (Meals on Wheels)
7. Plant a garden
8. Paint the kitchen
9. Put on a swimsuit
10. Write a Christmas newsletter (and send it out)

5 things to accomplish in the next 5 years:

1. Aquire a treadmill
2. Get Lasik
3. Visit my sister Jaime in TX
4. Convince Stephanie to have at least one baby so my girls have some cousins close in age!!!!
5. Move to KC!!!!!!


That doesn't seem like much, but to a full time working Mom of 2 girls under the age of 2 that's a lot!! Considering all the activities going on this year, it's going to fly by!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie Lynn said...

I have a few suggestions for your list, just a little sisterly advice:

1. Read up on gardens, plants are not as easy as one would think.

2. Pick one afternoon a week/month, whatever to go into your basement and scrapbook, do whatever and have Gabe watch the kids. You'll never get anything done with two kids following you around.

3. I said we would discuss babies in the next few years, but I'm not making any promises. But, I can probably do one in the next five years, especially if thats all you're asking of me.

4. Get an elliptical machine, much better than a treadmill! And they aren't that expensive. That is my next big thing that I want, well as soon as I have somewhere to put one.

ps - I'm not cheating on Sundays. Thats exactly what it is, cheating. Jesus didn't cheat when he was wandering for 40 days in the desert, now did he?