Tuesday, September 4, 2012

On a lighter note - a holiday weekend

This past weekend we headed South to Wichita to visit some of the Mr's family. It was nice to get away for a few days, and the girls had a wonderful time playing with cousins and were sufficiently exhausted. Plenty of trampoline jumping, playing with barbies, and running around. Of course I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy eating and sleeping. Ya know the usual vacation-y things.

Saturday night I headed out to have dinner with my dear friend who lives in Wichita that I do not get to see nearly enough. While we did enjoy a couple of glasses of wine and an amazing dinner, we realized that although only 27, we are incredibly old. We were in bed by 11pm, which is when we would probably have started our night back in college. We did get in plenty of giggling and gossip which is always good for the soul.

We were up early Monday morning to hit the road back home. I was ready to be home and take a nap. I never sleep well away from home, and since they live out in the country, my allergies were horrible. After catching up on some sleep, we headed over to Aunt Nanie's for a bbq. We had a yummy dinner, and ended the evening with a piano concert by yours truly. I only took lessons for a couple years, and was definitely a bit rusty (and I was never that good to begin with..).  The girls definitely enjoy tickling the old ivories, so hopefully we'll get them started in piano lessons in the next couple years ;) (just another thing to pay for right dear? and we can send them over to your house for the lessons and practicing right Aunt Nanie? :)

Can't believe it's already September! Gracen starts school tomorrow, and gets to go three days a week this year. Next year she's going to be in kindergarten? No thanks, I'll just keep her in preschool forever thank you! And Hadley Jean is turning 3 this month. Say what?! I'm going to be a hot mess, just FYI. I am pumped about fall though, hellllo pumpkin spice everything!!!! and football season!!!! and homemade applesauce!!!! and...  ok I'll stop now :)





P.S.       I'd like to take a minute to thank everyone for all of the love, prayers, and kind words. We are incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful support system around us. One thing that continues to amaze me is how common miscarriages are, yet you don't ever hear about them. When you want to have a baby, you just assume you start trying and it happens. If I've learned anything in life, it's that nothing ever happens the way you plan it. There are too many variables that are just uncontrollable. We are completely at peace with everything, and know that God knows what he's doing. Maybe someday we will decide we're ready to try again, but until then we are just enjoying the 2 precious miracles we've already got.





No comments: