Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Local Favorite

One of my favorite places to go to here in KC is Deana Rose. I remember going there as a kid and how much fun it was. It's pretty amazing to get to take my own kids there. We try to go a couple times a year, but life always seems to get busy. But when we make it out there we always have a blast. You can't really beat a $2 entry fee (free on the weekdays!) either.


Gracen LOVES the pony rides, and that totally blows my mind. She's usually pretty reserved when it comes to trying new things, and everytime we get to the front of the line, I wait for any sign of hesitation from her, but she always just hops right on. Hadley's still a little too young, I think you're supposed to be 3, which is just fine with me. Next thing you know they'll be off to college....

Lookout Hollywood!
 
Checkout that attitude. They totally get it from Daddy.
 
 
 
Feeding the baby goats is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Those baby goats totally know what's happening, and as soon as they see a bottle in your hand when you enter, they jump all over the place. Gracen gets really scared and tries to back away from them, and doesn't understand why they're still jumping on her. It's one of the hardest parts of being a parent is not laughing in these types of situations despite how funny it is. She was bound and determined to feed them herself, so I told her to stay outside the fence, the goats stuck their heads through and she fed them that way.
 
 
 
Hadley just preferred to have Aunt Nanie hold her while they fed the baby goats. And actually I'm quite surprised these goats haven't jumped yet!
 
 
The girls absolutely love going out there, and hopefully we'll make it sometime in October for the hay rides, bonfires, and pumpkins!
 





No comments: