Friday, September 28, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday Hadley Jean!

Today my sweet baby Hadley Jean turns 3. It has been an incredible journey, and it's hard to even thing about life before her entrance into the world. So in honor of her birthday, I thought I'd share the story of the day she was born.

My surgery (repeat c-section) was scheduled for Monday morning bright and early at 8am! When you have a c-section, you can't eat for 12 hours before surgery, so the earlier, the better. I'm pretty sure I did not sleep a wink the entire night before. I was SO anxious. When Gracen was born I had an emergency c-section, and this time since I made it to my planned date it made me nervous that I didn't know what to expect without all the doctors and nurses rushing around in a panic to distract me. I finally "woke up" around 5am to shower and get ready. You better believe that I braided my hair and put on makeup this time. With Gracen it was 2am and let's just say I don't break out those pics very often. Aunt Nanie had driven up the night before to stay with Gracen while we were in the hospital, and at 6:00am we were off!

The Mr. was in charge of her name this time. I told him that he could pick (I did have to agree though, and in case it was terrible I did have full veto power) as long as it went with the middle name Jean (my middle name, my Mom's middle name and my Grandmas middle name). Well of course he waits until the last second possible, ON THE WAY TO THE HOSPITAL, to give me his top 3 choices. I liked all 3 of them, so I told him to pick one. He decided to wait until he saw her to officially name her.

We arrived at the hospital around 6:15 got all hooked up and then very impatiently waited for my anesthesiologist. I'm still not sure why we had to be there so early, that 2 hour wait seemed to literally crawl by.

FINALLY (late might I add) they wheeled me in to surgery, and within 15 minutes of getting my spinal, she was out. Pink, screaming, and perfect.

Daddy finally chose a name, Hadley Jean. She was born at 9:11am and I was so excited to finally get to meet her and know her name!


Holding my sweet bambino for the first time! As they were sewing me up, I lost quite a bit of blood. Too much blood. So things from here get a little fuzzy. All I know is that I was very tired, and very cold. They whisked Hadley away from me and I remember being wheeled back to my prep room where they had a sleeping bag type dealio (very technical terms here) around me that was heated trying to get my body temperature back up. There were many wires and other contraptions (see very technical) hooked up to me and monitoring me and many doctors/nurses in and out deciding whether or not I needed a blood transfusion.  Say what? Am I dying? (SPOILER ALERT: I live!) At this point my Dad and Michelle were both there, and I was pretty much in and out of consciousness. After who knows how long the executive decision was made that I would not need a blood transfusion, as long as my body temperature rose and they did have to continue to monitor me. I think it was scarier for other people then it was for me, because honestly I had no clue what was going on. The only thing I was concerned with was when I got to hold the peanut again and when I got to eat. Luckily my body temp came back up eventually and they got to move me to my recovery room, where Gracen got to meet her baby sister for the very first time.

"Her" baby :)

Very first visitors!

Aunt Nanie!

Snoozin with Daddy on the hospital couch (and yes both c-sections he stayed with me all 4 days in the hospital sleeping on the couch - best.husband.ever!)

I cannot believe my sweet Hadley Jean is already three years old. It's been an incredible joy and blessing to be her Mama. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for this lil lady. The world is your oyster Hadley Jean, Happy Birthday!!!!







No comments: