Monday, August 23, 2010

Movie Review Monday

Since this household is a cable-free household, our weekends usually consist of a couple of movies. Let's review shall we?



Currently Gracen's favorite pick is "The Secret of Nimh". Please don't ask me why, becuase in my opinion it's a little scary. But she's fascinated by it. People, this movie is older than ME. It's from 1982. We now have wonderful animation tricks and 3D and way better story lines, and this is her favorite? We've watched it 4 times (not all the way through each time) in the past 2 days. Lord help me if I hear her ask to watch the "mouse" again.



Saturday night was the hubs choice and he picked "The Green Zone". I'm not really a fan of war movies, but he sits through most of my girly ones so every once in a while I'll let him through in a pick of his own. I didn't mind this too much, but I wouldn't watch it again. It was extremely slow, and Matt Damon wasn't even super bad-assy (yea I know I made that word up) like in the Bourne movies. It does however make you think twice about the war in Iraq and the Bush administration and it just sort of pissed me off. I won't give any spoilers away but just know what you're getting into if you choose to watch it for yourself.



Sunday was my turn to pick and I really wanted "The Last Song" but they didn't have it at RedBox (most likely bc it just came out but whatev) so I went with "It's Complicated". Loved it! It might have to do with the fact that I love Alec Baldwin as well as Meryl Streep, but seriously it was just so funny. It gave a whole new meaning to the phrase "Home Sweet Home". If you've seen it you should know what I'm talking about, if you haven't, finding out why is reason enough to rent it tonight. The kids acting was not the best and they were all no-names at least to me, but John Krasinski (sp?) was awesome, even only for the few minutes he was in it. It also shone a new light on Steve Martin's acting abilities. He wasn't his typical over the top goofy hand waving character. I highly recommend this flick. But considering I'm a little behind the times and this has probably been out a while most have you have probably already seen it.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I loved "It's Complicated", too! Alec Baldwin is the best!! And I agree - movies are much better when Matt Damon is bad ass-y. :)