Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm getting... OLD

I have never been one to shy away from my birthday just becuase I'm past the infamous 21st birthday and its "downhill from there". I love my birthday and look forward to it every year. That's not what this post is about.

My mind tells me I'm 25 I'm still young! My body on the other hand is apparently an 85 year old fragile lady. This past week due to the nice weather I've been outside as much as possible playing with the girlies. We've gone on walks in the am and the pm. All the while I'm thinking "score! time to finally get rid of the last extra lbs!" But I am no longer the athletic person I used to be despite chasing after 2 kids for the past 2.5 years. My knees hurt, my back is killing me and I got massive blisters on my heels.

I've come to 2 conclusions: 1) This is the real reason people don't like getting older or 2) I have GOT to start working out more and work through the pain hoping it's just a welcome back to the excercising world.

I'm hoping for reason #2. So once again I am begging you fall to last a couple months so I can maintain my walks outside!!

No comments: