Monday, September 27, 2010

Movie Review Monday

These 3 have been watched over the past couple weeks, we were pretty busy this weekend so (gasp!) we could only fit in one movie! hehe.

First up: Shutter Island
I was a little apprehensive about this flick at first becuase it seems to me that Leo is all over the map right now. But I ended up loving it! It was one of those where you had to pay attention or you'd miss something, and the ending was awesome. Some avid movie goers may guess it, but still definitely worth your while. It's more of a rent and watch once movie to me, but that's just becuase once you've seen it, the mystery's gone.

Next up: The Last Song
Bah. I have a VERY hard time watching Nicholas Sparks movies, (or books that become movies in general) because I ALWAYS like the book better. (One exception-Harry Potter.. books and movies are equal in their awesomeness). I thought maybe The Last Song would be the exception since he wrote the screenplay first and THEN the book. But I was wrong. Still horrible. First off Miley dear- this part was definitely NOT for you. Go back to Disney please. Or just keep singing I do secretly like some of your songs. Shh dont tell. Second, this movie did not flow at all. It seemed so choppy and just unrealistic and to be honest it was hard to watch it all the way to the end. The only thing that made it worth my hour and a half was the little brother was adorable and of course the Dad. I wouldn't recommend this movie, but would DEFINITELY recommend the book. Tearjerker fo sho, N.S. at his finest. Stick to the books Nick.

Last but not least: Robin Hood

I wasn't entirely excited to see this. I don't generally like movies whose sole purpose is to show is much battle scenes as possible. But I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this. And I'm not even a Russell Crowe fan. I would say this is definitely a purchaser becuase I would watch it again. There's quite a bit of story to it besides all the brutal fighting.

Happy Monday!

No comments: