Friday, October 31, 2014

In October We Go To The Pumpkin Patch

I am a HUGE believer in traditions. Part of that is most likely my type A, control freak personality, but whatevs. I've carried on a lot of the traditions I had as a kid, including of course heading to the pumpkin patch (does anyone NOT make this a tradition?).




This year, with a jam packed October, both girls playing soccer, and the Royals madness, it was hard to sneak in an afternoon trip. The day we chose of course ended up being a smidge chilly/windy, so the Mr. stayed home with the babes (which I'm SURE he was super dissapointed about), and Aunt Jaime and I took the big girls to do what they do best. Burn off energy in the great outdoors. Each year we've pretty much gone to a different Pumpkin Patch, so of course we had to keep that tradition going ;) and we chose Kerby Farms.




I'm sure my girls were thrilled with the amount of pictures I forced them to take. But G & H I'm going to let you in on a little secret: 25 or so years from now you will have absolutely NO recollection of the whining, hissy fits, or tantrums of your youth. You will look back fondly on these pictures that I forced you to take, and wonder how on earth it's now time for you to take some of your own children.







So despite the melt downs of the past, we actually had a stress free trip. Both girls listened. And followed directions. And were nice to each other the whole time. It was basically a Christmas miracle come 3 months early. I was pretty impressed with Kerby, it was the perfect place for a 5 and 6 year old. Gracen's favorite part was by far the zip line (the zip line alone was worth the $5 admission), and Hadley's was of course all the dirt. Dirt for days. and sand. {How on earth that girl can be such a priss and love getting dirty at the same time is beyond me} They had a barrel train ride, a haunted house, hay rides, corn maze, tractors the girls could drive {Lord help us in 10 years when Gracen's on the real road...}, and much more. Plus the hot chocolate was $1 and they had a barn with picnic tables to keep you out of the wind. This place was by far the most family friendly (and wallet friendly) we've been to out of all of them.













Baseball may be over, but we're still smack dab in the middle of football season. GO STATE!

oh, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!








No comments: