Monday, August 27, 2012

The Weekend and Leftovers

We had quite a busy weekend, it hardly seems like it should be Monday already. But alas here we are again at the start of another equally busy week, with me starting school again a midst all the other madness going on at our house.

As of Friday, the house I grew up in officially belongs to someone else, and it was my Dad's last night as a KS resident (for now), so we went to Houlihan's to celebrate. I had their cream cheese stuffed chicken (ha I know right more chicken!) And it was fantastic. I mean I don't have any idea how they did it but it was amazeballs.

They were way too busy people watching to be interested in taking photos, so this is the best I got.

On Saturday my sisters and I went to get pedis (ahhmazing - it had been waay too long), and then picked up the girls and headed to the Legends for a free concert and some shopping. Gracen was in desperate need of some fall clothes, and I may or may not have picked up a few goodies for myself :)


I just love her pig tails :)

They definitely enjoyed the concert and running around and dancing. Until the rain came boo.

Sunday morning after Mass I used up the last of my roast chicken! Because seriously what do you do with all the leftovers? I still didn't try the actual roast chicken plain (don't judge me), but after it was "cooked" again just to make sure, I knew I was safe to eat. I was feeling creative, so I came up with my own recipe. Which I NEVER do, I'm a by the books kind of lady, so this was a breakthrough people. So what did I make!? Chicken and biscuits! And it was yum-o. Even my kids ate it without complaining... that's a big deal around these parts. It was kind of a mish mosh of biscuits and gravy, and a chicken pot pie.

Please don't mind the poor photography. And PS it was so delicious, this was all I had left before I remember to even take a pic!

Simple Recipe:
1/3 C butter
1/3 C chopped onion
1/3 C Flour
1 3/4 C Chicken Broth
S&P
1/2 C Milk
2 1/2 C shredded chicken (lemon-rosemary chicken, what what!)
1 C frozen peas
1 C frozen carrotts
Biscuits (I just used grand, although someday I want to tackle homemade!)

Melt the butter in saucepan, and add onions stir for a couple mins. Add in the flour and stir together. Slowly add in the chicken broth and milk and as much S&P as you prefer. (I'm not very good at seasoning, so I always tell people to add it themselves once they dish their plate) Let it simmer a few mins till thick and bubbly. Add in the chicken till warmed through. Add in peas and carrotts. Pop your biscuits in the oven, and let the chicken mix simmer whilst they're baking. When they're done just pour over your biscuits! SO GOOD!









No comments: