Sunday, March 25, 2012

The truth about Disney

So I know I'm a little behind, but bare with me. This is yet another post about our trip to Florida, and the happiest place on earth... Disneyworld! So I'm a really big planner, and we had been planning our trip to Florida for about a year, and I was PUMPED. I mean I dreamed about Disney, this trip was every bit as much for me (and the Mr, it was his first time to Disneyworld, and FL for that matter!) as it was for the girls. But here's the thing, I was dissapointed, like really dissapointed. And I still kind of am thinking about it.

I have some really great childhood memories of visiting Disneyworld, I believe I was in 3rd grade, or somewhere around there. We went in November, and it wasn't very busy and we had a blast. There's not a bad thing I could say about that trip (that I remember anyways).


But back to 2012, Disney is not for parents. At all. And we thought since we were going during their off season (Feb.) it wouldn't be very busy, Wrong-o my friend. It was packed. It took forever to even get in the park, after parking, taking the tram, taking the the ferry, and then FINALLY arriving. There was a 40-50 minute wait for everything. There were people everywhere. and to top it all off, the thing I was most looking forward to, Dumbo was closed, AGAIN! The Dumbo ride was closed TWENTY YEARS AGO when I went as well. How does that even work?! I was so sad. And the waiting, a 2 and 3 year old are not patient. And honestly, there really isn't that much there. At least we got to go on Splash Mountain once, although it broke right after we went down the big hill, and got stuck inside on the boat and had to be helped off. The poor Mr. had to miss it altogether, he was supposed to go after I got back.

The BEST part, was the princesses. And fortunately it made the whole trip worth it. Gracen and Hadley got to meet Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), Belle, and Cinderella and it was awesome. It was pretty magical to see the excitement and awe on my little princesses faces as they met the princesses in real life. So although I was dissapointed with most of Disneyworld, that part was by far the best. And we only had to wait about 15 minutes in line to see them. My girls could've done without the carasoul and everything else, all they cared about was the princesses.




So despite my dissapointment, I would still call it a success to see the magic on my bambinos faces. And I'm glad we took them when we did, because by the time I went when I was around 9 or so, I wasn't into the whole princess thing. We might not be going back anytime soon, but I'm pretty sure I'll remember that day just as fondly as I did twenty years ago. Because no matter what, there will always be something magical at the Magic Kingdom.





No comments: