Monday, April 2, 2012

Pork Chops and Pineapple Fried Rice

This past weekend was MAD crazy. It consisted of crafting all Friday night for the birdal shower my sister was throwing, decorating for the shower on Saturday, brunch on Sunday for Gracen's birthday at Blue Moose (oh so yummy) and her birthday party Sunday afternoon! Phew. I need a nap just thinking about it! (More posts on those events to come) Anyhoo. Sunday night after Gracen's birthday party, we had some family come over for dinner. I was really excited because I was going to make pork chops and pineapple fried rice! I know that might seem a little weird, but it was seriously so delicious. It was SO good I'm even brining the leftovers for lunch at work tomorrow, and I really don't do leftovers. The best part, it really didn't take that long to make, and even though it sounds quite complicated it was really pretty simple! And most of the things it takes you probably already have in your fridge or pantry. I got the recipe from P-Dub (Pioneer Woman, geesh!) so I'll show you her pics and her recipe becuase I didn't really have time to take pics, the recipe moves pretty quickly. A couple little tweaks I'll make for the next round though: I'm not a huge fan of onions, so I'd leave those out (unless of course you enjoy them, then by all means toss em back in!) also there were too many peas in my opinion in the rice. I'd cut it back to 1 cup instead of 1.5, and last but not least I'd add more pineapple, that was by far the best part!! Now go forth and make this, you won't regret it I promise!



http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/03/pork-chops-with-pineapple-fried-rice/






No comments: