Saturday, March 10, 2012

Finite

So this post is a couple weeks late, but better late than never right? I've officially finished my first class of grad school! (2 weeks ago actually). And it feels pretty darn good. It's not anything like I expected it to be. I was really nervous when it started becuase I'm not the best at school. I usually start out strong, and then taper off towards the end out of sheer boredom, lack of motivation, I don't know what.

Grad school seems to be a LOT easier than undergrad. And I can't entirely put my finger on why. I mean my undergrad wasn't the hardest in the world, it's not like I majored in biology or psychology or anything like that. But it was a lot of busy work, and facts that I can't really remember now. Grad school is really more of application then memorization. And maybe I'm just better at that, I can't really say.

My first class was Organizational management and behavior. I'm kind of glad it was my first class, because it was an easy transition back into the school mindset. I had papers due every week, a journal and some group work. Maybe it's the fact that I'm now paying for school myself (with the lovely help of work and loans) that I'm taking it a lot more seriously. Or maybe it's the fact that it's online and I can work at my own pace (within deadlines of course). Or perhaps it's even that the classes are only 8 weeks long. Whatever the case, I came away with a 98 in the class and was ecstatic (insert pat on the back here).

I'm in the end of the second week of my second class, Managerial Accounting. I was terrified to start this class. I really struggled with it in undergrad (although most of it was I had a really mean teacher and he liked to embarrass students in the class when they didn't know the answer... RUDE). But I digress. Like I said earlier grad school is a lot about application, so it hasn't been too bad yet. I'll let you know how I feel about it 6 weeks from now!

1 class down, 11 more to go!!




No comments: