Thursday, November 1, 2012

Baby you're a firework

I have a love/hate relationship with the 4th of July. I personally love fireworks, watching them anyways. I'm not exactly what some would call adventurous myself, and I am just fine watching the professionals put on a fantastic show and calling it a day. I may or may not have been tramautized when I was around Gracen and Hadley's age when I got burnt by a sparkler at the lake and it melted my shirt sleeve to my arm. You could say that makes me a wee bit hesitant to let my own kids run a muck with things on fire.
The Mr. and I are not necessarily on the same page when it comes to fireworks. Keeps things interesting ;) this year we headed over to his brothers house that lives outside KC, so fireworks are legal. The girls thoroughly enjoyed stomping on the poppers, and watching Daddy run around the driveway trying not to catch on fire, or make us go deaf.
What did I do you ask? Try not to have a panic attack, heart attack, anxiety attack, any kind of attack really. I'm incredibly overprotective of the girls, so this is not my favorite holiday.
 
That would be me directing the girls to sit as close to me as possible and as far away from Daddy as possible ;) Luckily the girls got tired of it quickly, mostly the loud booms. I'm of the opinion that they should definitely be illegal in all residential areas. I get tense just thinking about it.
Not to mention we were in the middle of a drought. and people were sending chinese lanterns into the sky. Do you know how livid I would be if that landed on my roof? Not very smart.

This sounds like a lot of complaining, but really I love the 4th of July. America! I just like to be safe, some may call me a nervous nelly, but being a Mommy does that to you. Next year I think we'll just head to the park to watch the pros! Happy 4th of July!!



No comments: