Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Chiefs n Chopper

Yes I know Price Chopper is no longer the sponsor for the Chiefs. But that's a big mistake in my book PC, you just can't beat Chiefs-n-Chopper!

Anyhoo! A couple weeks ago I went to the Chiefs game with my siblings and brother in law. It was actually perfect weather, cool but sunny. We started out bright and early to tailgate and I about choked when I saw it was 27 bones to park. I mean really? For the Chiefs? The first thing we saw upon entering the gates was a huge sheet someone had hanging that said this is an embarrassment. Now we all know the Chiefs suck. But I have to admit that KC has some of the greatest fans in the NFL, so to see that sign you knew it was going downhill quickly.



We grilled some dogs, drank a few beers, and chuckled as a plane flew overhead that read Bench Cassel, we deserve better. Now I don't know much about professional football politics, but the fans were not happy. It was kind of sad because I have a lot of really great memories of Chiefs games despite them sucking for as long as I can remember. A few years ago me and Stephanie went for her birthday at the end of December, were in the nose bleeds, it was FREEZING and it was still a total blast. I don't think I could say the same thing in a few weeks if I went to another game.


We had pretty great seats, and sat by some really rowdy fans. This was the game where Cassel got hurt and Quinn finally came in, and started the whole controversy of our fans cheering for an injured player. The only thing I cheered for was Quinn coming in the game, but I can't speak for everyone. He got hurt at the other end of the field, so we had no clue what was really going on until he was walking off and they announced that he was injured. Overall it was still fun, and I had a great time with my fam. I just hope the fans return to days of cheering our hearts out despite how bad they are.

That's great, but who are the chefs? Hahah one of my all time fav commercials. Snickers you get me every time!



No comments: