Thursday, October 4, 2012

Under the Sea

I was super pumped when I found out that the SeaLife Aquarium was coming to KC. First off I absolutely love Crown Center. I spent much of my childhood there, it's just a very special place to me. And the fact that I now get to bring my children there is an amazing feeling. One of the very top reasons I wanted to move back to my old stomping grounds.

I'd been looking for an excuse to go, but unfortunately its on the more expensive side. (And yes I know that's a relative term considering I'm a cheapo right now since we're on a mad crazy budget) But considering how many free activities there are around the city, and one of our other favs Deanna Rose is a whopping $2/person (free on the weekdays!) $20/person seems a little steep in comparison. So when Father's Day rolled around (yes I realize this was months ago...) I decided to surprise the Mr. and get tickets to go the Aquarium on Father's Day. He's not really big on gifts, but I knew he would enjoy it as much as the girls so it was a nice compromise (it is literally NOT possible for me to not get/do something for every occassion no matter how many times he says not to).


If you decide to go definitely make sure you order your tix online. There's a seperate line for you to enter so you don't waste half your day standing in line. One of the coolest parts was by far the little pools that let you pick some things up. But warning, it's not that big and always very crowded.

 
 



Overall it was a neat place. But I have to say I was dissapointed. It's incredibly cramped and small. We went through the whole thing in about in an hour. We'll probably go back again some day, but it won't be a regular stop for us. I think I just built it up so much in my mind, and was thinking it would be huge and pretty wide open, but the girls had a blast and we got to spend the day celebrating the best Daddy in the world :)





No comments: