Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Breakfast for Dessert

Last night I made the most amazing pop over for dessert. It really is one of the simplest recipes I've ever come across, but looks totally fancy. It tells you to serve it for breakfast, which would be totally delish, but I chose to make it for dessert. I love dessert, and have to have it just about every day, since that doesn't always help out the whole eating healthy plan, this is a good compromise.

It's kind of like a mix of crepes and a pie (or my amazing tartlettes). There is absolutely no sugar in this recipe, and you would never know it. (Although I did sprinkle a wee bit of powdered sug on the top because I'm a rebel)



Doesn't that look like something straight out of a french pastry shop? I totally impressed myself with this, and the Mr. and it's kind of healthy for you! Definitely a repeat this fall at our house.

What you'll need (and most likely already have!):

  • 2 T butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 C flour
  • 1/2 C milk
  • 1/4 t salt
  • fruit (fresh or frozen)
Put your butter in a pie plate and put it in the oven to melt while you're pre-heating to 400 degrees. In a bowl mix your eggs, then add in flour, milk and salt and combine. Don't over mix it or it won't pop! Make sure your butter is melted and spread all over the pie plate, pour in your batter and bake for 25-30 mins or until it's puffed and golden. It should "pop" up the edges, and leave you with a center to fill with whatever kind of berries you want. I used frozen mixed berries because we always keep some in the freezer for smoothies and dessert emergencies :) And that's it! SO SIMPLE.

This was heavenly straight out of the oven. I probably could've eaten the whole thing by myself. But when you have a husband and 2 bambinos you learn to share ;) I'm already thinking of what else I could fill it with, chocalate/pecans, pumpkin, peaches, apples, the possibilities are endless!!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahh, looks so yummy!

I started following you!
You are welcome to follow me back at:

www.abi-asaturdaymorning.blogspot.com

Abi K