Monday, January 30, 2012

Something Salty

I have a love of salty snacks. And let me tell you that "you can't have just one" rule doesn't apply only to Lay's (or whatever the slogan comes from...) so I found a recipe for Kale chips and decided to try them out. And don't worry this one went better then the exploding chick peas :)

Here's the dets:

Kale
Seasoned Salt
Olive Oil

That's it! Do you know how many ingredients are listed on a bag o potato chips? Not to mention ones I can't pronounce? Just wash your Kale really well, pat dry with a paper towel, toss with olive oil and a bit of seasoned salt and bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 350. Voila. You've got a yummy snack with ingredients you can pronounce!

Now I'm not going to lie, they're not potato chips. But when you're craving something crunchy and salty, it definitely hits the spot. And the Mr. liked that I wasn't baking desserts (and so did my rear end). He even ate most of them! He likes to snack late at night after the girls are in bed, and just peruses the kitchen. So it's nice to have something snacky that's actually good for you readily available.

Bon appetit! (apetit? appettit? however you spell it.. )



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loving your blog! I think I'm going to try these... sound yummy!