Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Yummy Snack

I absolutely love to find new recipes that are not only delicious and easy to make, but good for you too! That's not too much to ask right? Well a while ago I fell in love with hummus. It is SO easy to make, and is quite tasty. Well the main ingredient for hummus is chick peas. Did you know that chick peas are really good for you? They are. I know these things. Well that got me thinking, what else could I make with chick peas? I found a recipe for roasted chick peas a while ago, and today finally got around to making them, and they were mm mm mm mm good! So easy I have the recipe memorized. All you need are chick peas (if you want to go really simple just buy a can, rinse and drain them - I prefer the dried bag that I then let soak overnight no preservatives or icky things that way), salt, olive oil, brown sugar and cinnamon. That's it. So here's what ya do:

Preheat over to 450 degrees F
Line a jelly roll pan (fancy term for a baking sheet with a lip) with parchment paper
spread out your chick peas
Roast for about 20 minutes*
Remove from oven and transfer to a bowl, mix with 2 t olive oil, 1/4 t salt,  1 t cinnamon, and 1.5 t brown sug
ENJOY!

*Funny story- I say about because originally the recipe told me 30 minutes, and I don't know if I just have a really high powered oven or what, becuase at about 20 minutes a couple of them started exploding in the oven. Now I get to clean the oven... YAY! So just be carfeul when roasting!!

Bon Appetit!





No comments: