Sunday, February 5, 2012

A slight obsession

See this blog isn't just about food. (but during the winter time especially, there's not much to do in our teensy house, we can't go outside, so we find fun things to make! but I digress) This post isn't about food! It's about my new obsession... chevron.


Is that a weird thing to be obsessed with? I'm loving the pattern, and everywhere. I cannot wait to finally buy a house again and incorporate it somewhere. or anywhere. or everywhere :) Well anywhere the Mr. will let me. I'm not sure how I feel about the hot pink necessarily, I'm more drawn to the neutrals. I totally want to make a tray like this, just not sure I have the patience to make sure my tape is all perfectly even (but that's what the perfectionist Mr. is for, mwahah)

My second obsession is the color gray. I don't know why, but it just seems to go with everything. I love gray and pink, gray and yellow, gray and green, gray and purple, you name it. So once again I need to get on the whole buy a house thing... anyhoo! I have to get my hands on a rug like this:


There's so many things I love about this I don't even know where to begin. The curtains, the DIY'ed texture on the wall behind the crib, the rug, the orange accent... love.

Ah chevron, le'sigh.



No comments: