Monday, June 14, 2010

Sound the alarm

The past 2 nights have been rough. And that's an understatement. Saturday night there was a sever thunderstorm, and it woke Gracen up around midnight. She was scared and wanted to sleep in our bed so reluctantly I agreed. The bad part about Gracen sharing a bed is that she thinks it's play time. She'll poke you just to see if you're awake and to say hi. She tosses and turns. No one gets any sleep including her. Around 4:30 when the storm finally quieted down, she went straight back to her bed. Luckily Hadley slept through it all! How? I don't know becuase the other 3 of us were up from midnight until 4:30.

Sunday night was no better. It was in fact worse. Around 11 or 11:30 severe thunderstorms hit again, and I was just waiting for Gracen to wake up. Luckily she didn't. But then around midnight the tornado sirens went off. And normally this wouldn't be a big deal, in fact I quite enjoy a good storm. But with 2 little kiddos, panic mode hits. I woke up to them, and had to shake the Mr. awake. Thank goodness I'm a light sleeper these days! Went and grabbed the kids and headed to the basement in a cold sweat. 20 minutes later we get the all clear to come back upstairs and back to bed. Turns out they were setting off all the tornado alarms in a rotation, just because. And this made me LIVID. Tornado sirens are not a joke people! A watch, a warning, those aren't serious. But when you hear that siren you better believe there's a tornado on the ground and take cover. There was no tornado, just some idiot sounding the alarm. I was so made it took me a good 2 hours to go back to sleep. That's just not right to freak people out for no reason!

No comments: