Friday, February 13, 2015

Green Tea Chia Smoothie

I may have a slight obsession with smoothies. They're the one thing I've finally become comfortable with not following the recipe EXACTLY. You pretty much can't screw it up. The more I dive into the world of smoothies, the more I've branched out into the "granola" world. The first step was trying (and loving) almond milk. I have huge mental blocks when it comes to trying new foods, and just could not fathom drinking basically, what is almond juice. However, after braving the unknown, I of course loved it.

It was a slippery slope from there, and I was soon adding chia seeds as well. (I did also try chia seed pudding once and was.not.a.fan. The texture was just too much for me, not necessarily the taste). I've also begun adding gelatin and a few other ingredients that at first seem pretty unnatural.

My latest discovery has been organic matcha green tea. I've never been a fan of chai tea (not to be confused with chia), so I didn't get my hopes up regarding the matcha. Pinterest is overflowing with recipes, so I decided to try my hand at, of course, a smoothie.

Matcha Green Tea Powder - ORGANIC - All Day Energy - Green Tea Lattes - Smoothies - Baking - Improved Hair & Skin Health- Metabolism Boost - Antioxidant Rich - Now From Japan! Kiss Me Organics http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DDT116M/ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_qXI3ub1TP5SM7

Green Tea Chia Smoothie

Add ingredients in order of the list above and blend. That's it! If you like it thicker, use a frozen banana, or add a couple ice cubes. Wait a few minutes (if you can!) so the chia seeds have a couple minutes to absorb the liquid and thicken.

*If using truvia or swerve, use a single serve packet.

And if you want to be extra "granola" drink it out a mason jar with a stainless steel straw! ;)

I was pleasantly surprised by this, and will sometimes replace my morning coffee with this. Sometimes.


If you give it a try let me know what you think, or if you have any other recipes to recommend, send em my way!




No comments: