So far my favorite is lavender oil. Not only does it smell divine, but it helps with relaxation, and is perfect for sending my three little ladies of to dreamland at night. Lavender can also help with seasonal allergies, eczema (ahem... PARKER), and minor cuts and scrapes (just to name a few). Here's a few of my favorite ways to use lavender oil:
- as an airfreshner - place a few drops on a cotton ball, and place strategically throughout the house
- as a bug repellent - it's almost summer time and those pesky mosquitos will be chomping at the bits, lavender oil can help prevent bug bites (and smells divine!)
- for anxiety - I'm an anxious person by nature and so is my mini-me Gracen.
- beauty - lavender oil can help with acne as well as scarring. I just mix it with my coconut oil and it's the perfect moisturizer
- Sleep aid - I like to mist a little onto the sheets for my girls and for me as well
I'm not replacing modern medicine anytime soon, but I do love to incorporate natural products when and where I can. What are your favorite oils?