Friday, August 8, 2014

One month with Parker

Well technically it's past the one month mark, but better late than never right?



Bringing home baby number 3 was much easier than bringing home baby number 1 or 2. She adds minimal chaos compared to two older sisters that are like tornadoes running through the house. I'm trying to soak in as much summer as I can because once winter hits and there's no playing outside to burn off excess energy we might be in trouble.

So far my darling Parker has been just as sweet as she can be. Eats well, and sleeps well (for the most part). We're usually up only twice at night, and I'm thankful for that. If there's one thing you'll learn dear girl it's that your Mama can be a real grouch if she doesn't get enough sleep (just ask your Dad I'm sure he'd be more than happy to fill you in). Girlfriend loves to be held - usually by her Mama. And that's just fine with me. I'm relishing this stage as all Mama's know you blink and it's over.

This time around I've been a total hermit. I really don't like going anywhere. I'm perfectly content staying in my pajamas all day and watching an entire season of GG. Thank goodness for Netflix. (What you don't do that?) Once school starts here in a couple weeks and I'm at work before you know it it's going to be Christmas. So I'll take a lazy summer as long as I can stretch it out.

Miss P -
You have brought so much joy to our little family. You're a third little clone of me, and your dark locks are already turning blonde like your sisters. You hate tummy time, and usually end up falling asleep (if only that worked for adults too). You love to eat, and have transitioned to bottles with Dad while I work very well, and he's especially glad for that. Your older sisters adore you (piece of advice - milk that for all it's worth while you still can!). I'm pretty sure I've taken way too many photos of you snuggling, but it's the closest I can get to freezing time. I want to remember the way you hold my finger with your little fist, they way fit perfectly in my arms, and of course that sweet baby smell. You're incredibly stubborn (wonder where you get that from?) and I secretly love that little fact. I can't wait to watch your personality develop and watch you give your sisters a run for their money. The older I get, the quicker time passes. So I'm determined to make every day matter, even it seems rather ordinary.

Love always,
Your Mama


Sorry there hasn't been many pics in these posts - but if you want to see some picture overload look at FB or Instagram (@ejt625).



No comments: