Monday, September 30, 2013

Baking Fail

I have a million things I'm getting ready to share, but this was just too funny to wait. Seriously it seems like sometimes the easiest of things turn out to be the most disastrous. This weekend was Hadley's birthday party, and amongst many treats I decided to also make rice krispie treats.

Please keep in mind I have made these many times before. So I have NO idea what happened. They require 3 ingredients. Seriously 3. I'm still confused as to how I messed these up. This picture does not do the wreckage justice.


See how there's just a big blob in the middle? I'm not sure if marshmallows go bad, I'm pretty sure we've had ours since Gracen's party in April.... or if there's a trick to using our new gas stove top? But whatever the reason I still don't know how it happened. The butter melted just fine, but when I added the marshmallows, they didn't melt like they were supposed to. It just made one giant marshmallow... and they looked like they were almost starting to burn so I just added the cereal anyways, and as I tried to stir them in made a giant mess in the process. Then I decided to try and put it in the pan anyways, and well you can see how that turned out :)

So now matter how much I think my culinary skills have improved over the years, leave it to little old rice krispie treats to put me in my place. Needless to say there were no rice krispie treats at Hadley's party!






No comments: