Friday, June 3, 2016

Meet me in St. Louie (at the city museum)

As parents, especially Moms, we're told over and over again that it goes so fast, and you're going to miss it. Soak it all in. Which of course is easier said than done when you're in the trenches of tantrums and eating strikes. But what I haven't heard much, and wish I would, is how awesome it is to watch them fly.

The City Museum is not for the faint of heart. It definitely was not my scene, or Parker's, or Hadley's, or the Mr.'s for the matter. But Gracen was in her element. And while my anxiety was at pretty much an all time high, the sweet baby girl that made me a Mother 8 short years ago was having the time of her life navigating the urban jungle playground.

She was fearless. She was confident. She was free. And it was amazing to watch her.
















Side note: If you want a great workout, go here. If you want an intense workout, carry around a 20lb human heater the whole time. But seriously, the tula was a lifesaver. You could not bring a stroller in this place.




No comments: