Friday, August 11, 2017

Boy vs Girl

This whole time I was 99.9% sure it was a girl, so naturally I was wrong. I suppose it's par for the course since each of my girls I was 99.9% sure it was a boy. I thought it'd be fun to see how I compare to some of the old wives tales, since pretty much all of my pregnancies have been the same (aka horrible).


It’s a boy if:

  • You didn’t experience morning sickness in early pregnancy - FALSE! I was sick as a dog 24 hours a day for 13-14 weeks.
  • Your baby’s heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute - At the first appt. it was 170, but at the final appt. before we found out was right at 140. So neutral on this one.
  • You are carrying the extra weight out front - TRUE! However, this was the same with all 3 of my girls as well. I think it's because I have an awkwardly long torso, not because it's a boy/girl.
  • Your belly looks like a basketball - FALSE, this time it's not so much a basketball. Although with all 3 girls it was!
  • You are carrying low - I never really know what this means? But this by far "feels" like the highest I've ever carried.
  • You are craving salty or sour foods - TRUE! Give me all the chips and salsa, and the extra vinegar-y pickles. Although you won't find me turning down ice cream or chocolate anytime soon.
  • You are craving protein — meats and cheese - FALSE! I don't really want any meat. Cheese is probably neutral. I've eaten a lot of string cheese, mostly because it's convenient and I'm starving all the time.
  • Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy - Neutral on this... but it could be that it's because it's summertime and has been super hot??
  • Your hands are very dry - FALSE! No dry hands here.
  • Your pillow faces north when you sleep - How does a pillow face north? Our bed is on the west wall....
  • Pregnancy has you looking better than ever - TOTALLY FALSE - my eyes have been SUPER dry, so I haven't been wearing contacts or any makeup for that matter because they're so itchy. I am also way bigger way quicker this time and it is not helping in the looks department.
  • Your nose is spreading - Again I don't know what this means but I hope not!
  • You are having headaches - Probably neutral on this because I did have headaches in the first trimester but I think it was more nausea related?? Since then no headaches.
  • You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number - ha TRUE! 34

So I guess it's a good thing these are just "old wives tales". There's still part of me that thinks they made a mistake (we've all heard those stories!). So I'll truly believe it when I see it! Any other weird old wives tales you've heard? Any that were true for you?







No comments: